Also known as chicken makhani or murgh, this dish is a very famous recipe in the Indian restaurants. The unique colour of the gravy comes from the tomato puree. The delicious dish can be made easily at home as it does not require too many ingredients or Indian spices.
• 500 Gram Chicken
• 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
• 3 tsp Curd, 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• 1 tsp Vinegar, 1 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Cumin Powder, 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 2 tsp Onion - chopped
• 2 tsp Butter, 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 1 tsp Coriander Powder, 1 tsp Ginger
• 1 tsp Cumin Powder - chopped
• 1/2 Cup Water, 1 tsp Salt
• 1 Green Chilli, 6 Tomatoes
• 1/2 tsp Sugar, 3 tsp Butter
Take chicken in big bowl, Add ginger-garlic paste, curd, lemon juice, vinegar, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt and chopped onion to the chicken. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Keep aside for marination for 2 hours.
Take butter in a hot pan, add red chilli powder to it. Saute them in a pan, Add coriander powder, cumin powder and chopped ginger to it - Saute them well. Add water to the pan and mix well. Add salt, green chilli, tomato and sugar - Mix well. Take butter in another hot pan and spread it all along the sides of the pan.
Add the marinated chicken into the pan, Saute the chicken with the butter - Cover the pan to let the chicken cook. Remove the lid and check if the chicken has turned golden brown and the butter has subsided. Add the cooked tomato gravy to the chicken and mix well, Cover the pan again and let it cook for a while. Now remove the lid and add cream to the gravy - Mix them well.
Serve hot, topped with butter, coriander leaves and green chillies.